The Traditional Festival in My Hometown

     Hi, every one! How's it going!

     Today, I will be writing about a traditional festival which is held in the town in which I spent my childhood.

     I was living in Minami-Aizu Town and there is held a traditional festival called "Gion-Sai " ("祇園祭"), which is one of "the 3 largest Gion-Matsuri" ("日本三大祇園祭"). This has been held since 1185. This has many unique features and I will introduce 2 of them today.

  • Nanahokai-Gyoretsu (七行器行列)
    Nanahokai means seven vessels and Gyoretsu a line of people.
    This is the sequence in which people bring offerings to the shrine and they consist of  men in clothes of Shinto (Japanese amenism) priest  Japanese old warriors' formal wear  and women wearing traditional bride costumes.







  • Yatai (屋台)
    No! Students! What we call yatai is not what you call yatai. This is rather closer to what you call dashi (山車). There are 4 Yatai-s ( used to be 5) and men who live in Tajima (the district where this festival held) pul (or push) them, on which children act Japanese old performance.



     Thank you for reading and all pictures are from: http://www.minamiaizu.org/gion/guide/# . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Important to Be Honest during Interviews.

Driver's License

Babilonia