Holidays

     Hello, everyone! How are you doing?
     You are talking about holidays on Facebook, however, I cannot post stuff there, so I will write about holidays here.
     What holiday do you think is unique to Japan? The idea which occured to me first was Respect-for-the-Aged Day, which we call "Keirou-no-Hi". I googled about this holiday to confirm this is unique to Japan. And then I found I was wrong. There are some countries which have equivalent holidays to Japan.
  1. National Grandparents' Day (the USA)
    It falls on 2nd Sunday of  September and the concept of this holiday is the same as Japan's Respect-for-the-Aged day.
  2. La Festa Dei Nonni --Grandparents’ Day (Italy)
    It falls on October 2nd 
  3. Grand Fathers' Day and Grand Mothers' day (Poland)
    They falls on January 22nd and January 21st successively. I found it interesting that they are separated.
     Well, what I mean is the concept of paying respect for the elder is not only for Japan but for many country in the world. I am glad to know that many people all over the world share the same idea!

Comments

Post a Comment