Today I listened to a podcast called “It's Important to Be Honest during Interviews”. I found 10 key-words in the podcast : anxiety unforgivable to bring up walgreens half-way lie-detector get it off my chest position janitor inclined Then I wrote a paragraph. I have a thing I want to get off my chest so I won't suffer from anxiety anymore. When I worked as a janitor of Walgreens, I went back home in your jacket by accident. It was a very cold day so you had a tough time, I guess. I found it was yours half-way home but I didn't go back and the following day, I came to the office early in the morning and hung it up in your locker so you wouldn't see who made trouble. I knew that was unforgivable, however, I couldn't tell you that, afraid of losing my position. I guess you knew that because I was the only person who came to the office earlier than you. It was your mercy not to do lie-detector test on me. That is the thing I have been inclined to say that until t...
Hello, everyone! What do you spent your university days? Studying? Working part-time? Circle activities? I am studying (practicing driving) to get a driver's license. This is not hard very much, but it takes time. Hopefully, I will get one by the end of this month. I can't wait to get my own car, although I don't have enough money... Tell me which car do you want to own or you have in the comment! Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Edit Edit in Ginger Edit in Ginger ×
Hello, everyone. Today I will write about Babilonia. Do you know what Babilonia is? You are science students, so I guess not all of you know this. Babilonia is an ancient civilization. This is famous for establishing the world's oldest statutory law, called the Code of Hammurabi. This is written by unknown letters (at least when it was found), so it was not until 1835 that researchers found out what it says. At the Louvre museum, you can see this engraved on a stone. This stipulated how criminals should be punished. Those look very severe to today's civilians. For example, death penalties were applied for females who had entered a pub, those who had harbored fleeing slaves, and females who had divorced their husbands without a "good" reason. The stipulation also included a lot of elements from the superstition of Babilonia. When there were conflicts between Babylonians, defendants were forced to dive into a river. It was believed that guilties would dr...
Comments
Post a Comment